Control Panel Retrofits
Control Panel Retrofits
Upgrade your controller to achieve modern functionality and efficiency. The professional generator control panel retrofitters at LionHeart Critical Power Specialists can provide you with a custom controller that is built to a high-quality standard.
Why Should I Upgrade My Generator Control Panel?
Your generator control panel displays information regarding voltage, current, frequency, and other alerts to provide a visual understanding of your operating efficiency.
The main components of a generator package, such as the engine and alternator, can last for decades with the proper maintenance. Your units stay in emergency standby applications for long periods of time, due to infrequent usage and low engine hours. This is typically not the case when it comes to the controls on your generator control panel.
Though typically reliable, older controllers may exhibit signs of age by failing slowly and intermittently. These issues can be difficult and expensive to find, and they can significantly reduce system reliability.
Even in cases where the generator control panel is deemed reliable, many clients choose to upgrade for the many enhanced features that new microprocessor-based controllers can offer.
Standardizing the Generator Control Panel Retrofitting Process
With over 100 generator control panel retrofit projects successfully completed, LionHeart made the decision to standardize on the Basler DGC-2020, Digital Generator Control system. The main reason for our standardization (along with the list below) is the “non-proprietary software” called BESTCOMSPlus®.
Most generator set manufacturers develop and install their own “proprietary software” which enables the manufacturer to control who can work on the equipment. LionHeart strongly supports the Right to Repair act legislation that is moving across the country. This legislation has been in the works for many years, but we believe it will take many more until it governs generator set manufacturers.
The Basler Control system’s non-proprietary software allows anyone to download it from their website. This lets you or your preferred service vendor to adjust, troubleshoot, and repair any Basler control panel issues.
Additional reasons we believe in standardization:
- Intuitive BESTCOMSPlus® software simplifies setup with easy settings entry and simple drag-and-drop programmable logic (reducing the cost and commissioning time).
- A microprocessor-based controller integrates a function-packed, easy-to-use feature set with a fully configurable programmable logic controller to reduce installation costs by eliminating peripheral components and maximizing user flexibility to easily meet specific requirements.
- Extremely rugged, potted design and industry-leading temperature, vibration, and shock specifications make the DGC-2020 optimal for harsh genset applications.
- The Offline Simulator in BESTlogic™Plus helps identify and troubleshoot the logic without the expensive need for physical hardware.
- National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) NFPA-110 compliance with the RDP-110 (Remote Display Panel) simplifies emergency standby applications.
- Low-line, single-phase, alternate-frequency override functions make it ideal for rental and reconfigurable genset applications. The DGC-2020 lowers user cost by automatically adjusting to typical rental and reconfigurable setups without additional costly switches or operator intervention, including genset protection level adjustment.
- Integrated mains fail detection provides the user a cost effective alternative when selecting transfer switches.
- Flexible programmable logic and programmable I/O make it easy to expand the DGC-2020’s inputs and outputs with the CEM-2020 (Contact Expansion Module) and the AEM-2020 (Analog Expansion Module). You will save time and money by eliminating unnecessary external PLCs and control relaying.
- Easy integration of the LSM-2020 (Load Share Module) to the DGC-2020 quickly adds additional functionality to the system for intuitive load sharing, demand control, genset sequencing, and Ethernet capabilities for a seamless paralleled system.
Your Partner for Generator Control Panel Retrofits
If you are interested in replacing your generator control panel with a state-of-the-art product, LionHeart will present you with a quality option that will reduce your costs and your down-time.
Receive a customized creation that is integrated for your specific generator and partner with us for a retrofit that helps you perform specific functions, effectively review diagnostics, and manage processes.